Opunake & Districts Business Association Information and Tourism Website
"To foster, strengthen and encourage business and econominc development in Opunake and districts."
Opunake and District Business Association
Opunake Christmas Parade 2018
Monday 24 December at 7pm on Tasman Street, Opunake.
Entering a float? Enteries must be received by 18 December. Click to download an entry form
- Gather from Layard Street to the Rest Home.
- Please be prepared for Judging by 6.30pm as prizes will be awarded at 6.50 pm outside Opunake Players, winners will be given a flag to place on their float during the parade.
Prizes are awarded on:
- Best effort.
- Most creative.
Please review the Christmas Parade safety rules and guidelines below and retain for your information.
- Parade officails will inspect all entrie and reserve the rights to eliminate any entery that is in violation of these rules.
- The 2018 Parade will be at the Tasman Street and Layard Street corner end again at the that corner.
- No one may leave or enter your float once the parade has begun.
- Please cover all open wheels for safety so marchers cannot snag clothing or be pulled under wheels.
- Your entry may not exit the parade before it is ended.
- No alcohol is allowed.
- For the safety of the public we ask that no items be thrown from your entry.
- All motoriesed vehicles must have wheel watchers (people) on both sides.
- All entries must have clear idenetification.
- Changes in the parade line-up on the day of the parade will be made at the sole discretion of the parade officals.
- A representative must make themselves known to the official, Clem Coxhead, on arrival.
Yipee, we have the money for our security cameras for the Opunake CBD
New Surfboard Fence leading to the Beach
Opunake now has a beautiful new fence on Havelock Street thanks to the Egmont Arts Council. The old fence was replaced around December and once the materials needed to attach the donated surfboards to the fence arrived it was all go to start attaching the surfboards to the new fence. There is still some space for more boards if you would like to donate them for the fence. Call Rhonda Crawford at Turnheads Hair Salon 06 761 7466 in Opunake.
Whats happening in 2018
Christmas Parade Monday 24 December - 7pm start.
Whats happening in 2019
Opunake Beach Carnival - 5 Jan 2019, 10am start, Free Admission.
Growers Market - Sunday 17 February
150 Years of Opunake Book Sale. $20.
Books available at Pastimes, Opunake Fish Chips & More & the Library.
Postage extra if needed.
Everybody's Picture Theatre
This unique heritage building has been restored to a high standard and will serve the community well.
Check out their website for information, photos and screening times. www.everybodystheatre.co.nz or phone 027 383 7926.
Growers and Makers Market
Every 3rd Sunday of the month beginning
17 February 2019
3510 South Road - 6km south of Opunake. See you there. For more information contact Liz Sinclair. Ph 06 761 7012
Egmont Community Arts Council Walkway Ideas
A surfboard fence something like this will be going beside the Club hotel down Havelock Street on the way to the beach.
If you have old surfboards please donate them to the Arts Council. Check out their Facebook page
Please phone Rhonda (761 7466) or Margaret (761 8923) if you can help.